*

*

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Already!


This week has gone fast, I can't believe it's Saturday again!  I have made another 6 Klosjes.  This brings it to a total of 39.  The pile is slowly growing.


I just had to take a close up of this one.  I want to keep my colour pallette soft for these but just couldn't resist this fabric.  I got it yesterday at Stonleigh to make hexagons with.  It is so nice, a black print but it almost looks a very dark navy.


Here is Phebe.  This is also coming along slowly and now I am up to all the fiddly little applique.  I am very happy with how it is looking though.


There have been lots of beautiful photos posted in blogland lately.  Lizzie has done a couple of posts on the animals at Melbourne Zoo, including the beautiful little baby elephant.  She takes wonderful photos.

Julia has been playing with Picasa and I thought I would give it a go this afternoon.  It has been raining here but I went outside and took a few photos of my roses and my last two pansy flowers.  This will be the last flush before Winter.


This is our driveway.  Notice there is only one car in it and my car is actually in the garage.  Nicholas has finally moved out of home.  I would like to say I miss him (I really do miss him) but he only lives 5 minutes away and I think we have seen more of him since he has been gone than when he was here.  We are certainly spending more quality time with him because when he comes around, he comes to see us (and gets a free feed as well).

It is so nice to be able to look outside our loungeroom window and actually see down into the street, instead of looking at a car yard!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Sue-Anne xxx

24 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Sue-Anne, I'm in love with that black print fabric. I can see why you couldn't leave without buying it. Admire your guard cat up the drive way, bet he keeps unwelcomed visitors away! You reminded me that one of these days our house will have cars everywhere as well...one of those things to look forward to... :). lol. Enjoy your weekend. Kind regards, Anita.

Shirley said...

Hi Sue-Anne,
Love the klosjes and Phebe is just wonderful. I am so in awe of its beauty. Isn't it a great feeling? I can see grass from my living room window now instead of a vw camper. Have put a bet on a horse in the Grand National Race today. Had to do it, it is called Hello Bud. Let's hope he wins. If he wins will send buddy a treat.
Love Shirley.x

Shirley said...

p.s. forgot to mention the beautiful flowers. Pink and roses are two of my favourite things.
Just such a lovely post.
Shirley.x

Valentina said...

My heart is beating so fast! I cannot get over how beautiful Phebe looks. And your Klosjes, and your roses... And I had to laugh at the 'empty' driveway! Jippie! :)
Looks like Fall weather? Thanks for the pictures!
xox
Valentina

Deb said...

So many beautiful pictures on this page. Lovely version of Phebe - yes - lots of little bits. Let me know how you enjoy doing the girls hair!

katrien said...

Love the fabrics you use for the spools.
And what alovely appliqué block.Nice work.

Lurline said...

Glorious flowers and yes, I have seen Lizzie's Zoo Shots - wonderful!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Michele said...

Oh, Sue-Anne, almost you persuade me to start making klosjes..........almost. Your flowers are spectacular, no matter that the season is winding down. Michele

Brandie said...

I just saw the whole Phebe quilt and it's amazing! I can't wait to see your progress. It will be an heirloom.

Karen said...

Your Phebe block is coming along so good!!

wilmakuin said...

Phebe looks so beautiful!! I love this quilt!!

julieQ said...

Your spools are just so pretty Sue Anne!!

Lizzie said...

Gorgeous roses Sue-Anne, I'm envious of your Dainty Bess, mine expired and I haven't replaced it yet. Must do that this winter. Phebe is looking lovely, beautiful colours. Thanks for the lovely words about my photo's, glad that you enjoyed them.
Have a great week.
Lizzie
xxx

Robyn said...

Hiya Sue-Anne,
Love love love your klojses... knew I would though...
Top left is a fave for me... I have the same fabric... so special!!
Your roses and pansies are so beautiful!!
So is your applique block!
Isn't Picasa handy??!

Oh it would be so good if we all lived near enough to pop in and 'show and tell' and cuppa together!
Keep up the great work!!

Julia said...

Hi Sue-Anne,
Love the klosjes and Phebe is just wonderful.
Beautiful photos of your flowers..
Love Picasa..Julia ♥

Terry said...

Hi Sue-Anne
Glad you had lovely work to show. Klosjes and Phebe are lookin good.
Happy Stitching Terry

Karen said...

Pretty, pretty klosjes and Phebe, so, so beautiful! How big is the Phebe block?

*karendianne. said...

Well golly, I'm darn happy with Phebe! Absolutely wonderful work there my friend. Truly wonderful. Makes me happy and want to dig right in. ...but I don't know how (yet) so I wont be doing that. Your Klosjes - especially the pretty black - make me smile. Fabric lust is coming on... (ps: Car Yard! Very funny but not at the same time. I get it.)

Notjustnat said...

Hi Sue-Anne, love the flowers. How nice that you got good rain. Your Klosjes are coming along nicely too. I love the teal blue. I'm home now and will start visiting again - Hugs Nat

Nanci said...

Oh gosh, we in Canada, at least in Ontario are just awaiting the daffodiles and tulips, can't imagine all those flowers blooming in April. Aussies are a lucky bunch!
Thanks for sharing. Love the klosjes, is that the name of the block?

supergoof said...

Woooooooh what a lovely klosjes you've made! And the picures of the flowers are als beautiful!
So is Phebe,... o my gosh,...My pattern is still left unopened on the table,... that's better,...
;o)

And yes, I handpiece all the Morrell blocks. I'm in state of war with the sewing machine,...

suedio said...

Hi Sue-Anne. Phebe's looking great! And your flowers are beautiful . . . they somehow seem even more lovely at the end of the season.

Take care. Sue

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous appliqué! What a stunning block with all those little tiny pieces!

Marieke said...

What a beautiful klosjes you made. And your Phebe, well I can only join al the other comments: fantastic!