*

*

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Finally a Finish!


 I actually have a finished (for me) project to show you!  This year our Saturday sewing group has a challenge to complete a quilt made from 1930's fabrics and I am very pleased to say mine is DONE!  

 Since my last post, I have been on a couple of adventures.  I went to P!NK  in Melbourne and spent a couple of days with my best friend.

 Two weeks later I went to Brisbane with the girls to visit the V & A Quilt Exhibition at the Queensland Art Gallery.  What a fantastic experience to see up close and personal all those famous quilts - absolutely stunning!


There were no photographs allowed in the gallery but I did take lots of photos of this little guy who was sitting near us at lunch.  He was soooo cute, his colours were amazing and he was quite friendly and not bothered at all by all the people.

We had a short stopover in Sydney on the way home and my son met me there for lunch.  We both had our first ever "Krispy Kreme Doughnut".  OMG they are so nice!  Lucky there isn't a shop at home, but I did go back and get some to take with me so that Howard could enjoy the experience.

 I felt compelled to make a new bag to travel with and this is it.  I had started making another one in red and white linen but whilst looking in the cupboard for something else, I found this fabric and knew that it just had to be made into this bag.

 I took a class at Avonleigh Country Quilting to learn how to put together these cute little Applecores.

And another class with Shelley learning how to string piece and make her "Wendy's Tulips" quilt.




I have been having fun with hexagons and dabbling in a little bit of Fussy Cutting.  These are for Hertfordshire.

And these are for St Neots Band Sampler.

If you are in the area, don't forget about Quilts in the Barn!  it promises once again to be an outstanding exhibition and all proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research.



 It's a very lazy Sunday in our house today and its been so long since I did a proper blog update, it has taken me all afternoon to download and upload photos, update the laptop because its been so long since I've turned it on etc etc.      I took these photos of Milo and Buddy at lunchtime when I started this and now, 4 hours later, they are both in the same position!  

Sue-Anne xxx

20 comments:

Leanne said...

My goodness you have been busy.

katrien said...

Great affo.And lovely works you are working on.

Susan said...

Fun trips and lovely sewing. Your hexagons are scrumptious!

Shirley said...

Woohoo! Sue-Anne your finish is so pretty and cheerful. Well done to you. I am loving those fussy cut hexagons but it is now reminding me that I am woefully behind on producing anything at all. Love the bag too. Great post. Xx

Cardygirl said...

Fabulous sewing...love it all!!!! You have been busy flitting around too...glad you have had fun!

Me and My Stitches said...

What a great finish! I love that pattern - such a great mix of piecing and applique and pieced borders are my favorite - just perfect! How was the Pink concert? I'm going to see her in November, and I can't wait!!! The rest of your projects are all amazing - perfect fussy cutting! And also adorable fur babies. They sure do have a rough life!

Monica said...

You've been very busy. It all looks great!

Don't you just love fussy cutting for hexies? It's one of my favorite things to do when there's nothing else pressing.

Lurline said...

What a fabulous Post! Will have a quick retread now and maybe one tomorrow!

Every Stitch said...

What a lovely finished top! I particularly like the way you appliqued the date and initials in the pretty border. Lots of lovely hexagons too!
Hilda

Julia said...

love your finish Sue-Anne.
Lots of great lovelies to admire, beautiful hexagons.
Julia ♥

Béa said...

A lot of beautiful things to admire ! congrats SueAnne.

JulieAnn said...

Love your finish and WIPs. Wasn't Pink fabulous. Look forward to seeing what your up to at Sit n Sew. Xx

Barb said...

great to catch up on your projects! Wow you have a lot of fun things going on. Great apple cores!!

Derrith said...

Wow! I wish I had your energy. So many fun things you are doing! The quilt is DARLING! I really love it!

Elyte said...

Lots of lovely pictures - good to see that you haven't been idle.
Hoping to get to the Barn on Saturday. Grand Final day, who knows what to expect.

Thimbleanna said...

How fun to catch up with you. I Love your new 30's quilt -- I especially love that you put initials and the date on it -- very clever. Looks like you've got a lot of projects going on. I'm especially smitten with that last picture -- the St. Neots Band Sampler? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that vine with the leaves -- SO pretty!

Karen said...

You have a lot going on. They all look lovely. Would love to go to Quilts in the Barn some day. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Milo and Buddy look comfy and as though they are in wrong beds given their size. LOL
Great finishes...I LOVE the bag!!!!

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Love your hexagons. I plan to make some fussy cut hexies from my purchase at the Quilts in the Barn, I haven't done them before.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.