*

*

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Browne Sisters Sampler




I was so anxious to finish Rosebud and then when it was done, I went into a panic because I didn't have any applique to continue working on! 

I have been a member of a fabric club with Patchwork on Stonleigh for a very long time now.  Every 3 months we get a fat sixteenth of ten different reproduction fabrics, a newsletter and a quilt pattern.  They have decided for a change to do a sort of BOM (only every 3 months) and it is called the Browne Sisters Sampler.  It is based on an old stitchery sampler, I think cross stitch and Stonleigh have redesigned it into a quilt. 

These are the first blocks that will go on each bottom corner.  I have seen a picture of the sampler but Susan is doing something different in the middle and I think it will be fun to see how it all comes together.  My track record with BOM's (except for Ryland Manor) is not very good.  I tend to get all excited at the start and then fade away and don't finish, so I am going to stick with this one until the end (I've now made a commitment to you all!).  I think with 3 monthly intervals, I should be able to keep enthusiastic and still be able to work on other projects in between.

Sue-Anne xxx 

11 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

Oh, so you didn't make these two blocks since you finished Rosebud, right? That seems REALLY fast! You do such fine work. The baskets are very unique. I have never seen any like it. I'll be curious to see what the rest of the quilt will look like.

Susan
http://susanintexas.blogspot.com

Nat Palaskas said...

Okay, I'm witnessing your commitment to BOM. You are good Sue-Anne, I can never keep on schedule with projects. I love your block so far, such beautiful applique - Hugs Nat

Béa said...

Beautiful start & 3 month to complete is doable !

Shirley said...

I love applique Sue-Anne and those blocks promise to be another beautiful quilt. I am currently making the Tail Feathers quilt as a block of the month and I am now hopelessly behind. We are on block 8 and I am still on block 4,but anyway, who is counting. It is on my list for this month to finish 2 blocks!!!!
Can't wait to see more.
Shirley.x

Anita said...

Sue-Anne, I love your block so far, it looks lovely. You'll finish it, you watch. Kind regards, Anita.

Deb said...

Very pretty so far. I hope it stays on your radar. The every three months is a good idea - takes the pressure off.

Enga Krahmer said...

Hi - Your Rosebud is soooo beautiful
loving greeting from Germany
Enga

Karen said...

This is going to be interesting to see what your quilt looks like. Sounds intriguing.

Brandie said...

Beautiful!

Bev C said...

Hello Sue-Anne, Beautiful work and best of luck with the rest of it. Have a wonderful weekend.

jean said...

Hi Sue Anne
I am just catching up on some blog reading.
I too am going to join this BOM. I love what you have done so far. You are an inspiration